Sunday, August 23, 2015

Today's MOZEN: Si, Cara

Words and photo by F loBuono
After working in my garden, I was heading back into my apartment when I noticed my neighbor, Matty, carrying a small air conditioner from the basement storage area. After an exchange of greetings, I asked what was up with the AC? Since summer was nearly over, I wondered why he would need this one NOW. And, I asked him so. He explained that he was not taking it out of storage to use it but, rather, to clean and then put back.

But, why? I queried. It was already IN storage!

Matty explained that his wife, Joanne (whom I like very much, too), said that it should be cleaned anyway. He added, it's a YES DEAR, kinda thing.

I replied, ah, yes, the ol' si, cara routine. I totally get it.

Matty chuckled and shrugged his shoulders in benign acquiescence.

I added, you know Matty, it's not such a bad thing. After all, they're right most of the time. Not ALL of the time, but most.

He smiled, nodded in affirmation and preceded to finish cleaning the unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment