Friday, September 14, 2012

Today's MOMENT OF ZEN 9/14/12

Words and Photo by F LoBuono


An ancient Chinese proverb says, a person's car says a lot about it's owner. I happen to agree. And I've had myriad cars - more crappy ones than not. Big ones. Little ones. Fast ones. Slow ones. Ones that ran like clocks. And ones that just never did. I've had them all. Now, I drive a vehicle that is the best, in a multi-purpose sense, that I've ever owned. I've driven over 178,000 miles in it - without a serious mechanical issue. It's all-wheel drive with great ground clearance, so it's great in the snow. It gets decent gas mileage, especially for a truck-like vehicle. It's fuel injected, so it has enough pep. It has room, TONS of room. I've hauled all kinds of crap in it. It does so because it's SQUARE. It's so SQUARE that I call it The Box. And, best of all, it is RELIABLE. Just like me: Square, but reliable. 'Nuff said. 

1 comment:

  1. Still have you beat with my GMC 4x4 Sierra at over 420,000 miles, higher ground clearance and way more room than that! Doesn't look like a box though.

    ReplyDelete