Thursday, June 16, 2016

An Open Letter to Donald Trump.

* The following post contains strong language. Reader discretion is advised.
F LoBuono
Dear Donald:

You do not know me, but I feel like I know you. As a fellow denizen of The City That Never Sleeps, I have a few things to share with you.

Don (may I call you Don?), you pass yourself off as the ultimate New Yawka. Well, you may be a born and bred native but you have about as much in common with a real Gothamite as I have with fucking Tinkerbell! In fact, you loud mouthed douche bag, you represent the worst stereotype that people have of us - loud, arrogant, brash, narcissistic. And, you know what's funny? We ARE that way. The difference is that the average New Yawka also possesses a soul, something you sorely lack.

Where you look to exclude, ban, and vanquish those who may be different, the average New Yawka rejoices in our oddities, celebrates our diversity, and revels in our inclusiveness. While you bellow your belligerent, bellicose Bull Shit spreading Fear and Loathing, we go about the business of taking care of one another.

Did you read this classic example delineating the difference between a blowhard like you (and your legion of misguided sycophants) and the average, hard working New Yawka?

Two women wearing the traditional hijab where riding the subway in Queens when they were accosted by a white man wheeling a stroller, ranting that "Trump is right" and railing about illegal immigration. An eyewitness tweeted this account :

"Just now, on my way to work, a man got on my train yelling as he came onto an incredibly packed train for the "two terrorist foreigners to go back to where they came from." These two "terrorist foreigners" were two (understandably terrified) hijabi Muslim women. Before I could say anything, the entire train erupted in anger. A black man, a Romanian, a gay man, a bunch of Asians, and a score of others came to their defense demanding that this man leave these women alone and get off this train. The man insisted that the two women go back home and take their bombs with them.
After some back and forth, one man said, "This is New York City. The most diverse place in the world. And in New York, we protect our own and we don't give a fuck what anyone looks like or who they love, or any of those things. It's time for you to leave these women alone, Sir."
I couldn't have said it better. Sure enough, our train was stopped. This royal douche got off the train to the sound of cheering.
I say all this to say that in light of all the bad happening around us, remember that there's so much good and so much love.
I'm late to work, but it was for the best reason".

* Amaira Hanson as told to The NY Daily News

Right on brothers and sisters! You, Donald Trump, would never have the balls, despite your bluster, to do the right thing. You, sir, are a bully, and we don't do well with bullies. And, since you seem to be so in love with yourself, this should not be difficult advice for you to follow - from a REAL New Yawka - GO FUCK YOURSELF. :)

Sincerely,
Me

Epilogue: This was sent to me by a reader, a REAL New Yorker.

I have so much I want to spew about this but I am so angry and this whole mess with Trump has been building in my mind but the recent events have taken me over the top. My anger is so strong that it scares me and it is dropping over into my day to day interactions with people in my immediate life. 
I am the proud mother of a very successful gay son who has been married to his partner for 5 years. They are raising two beautiful orphans that they adopted from Vietnam. Eight months ago they became foster parents to a beautiful African American baby who was born to a 28 yr old drug addict with 4 other children in foster care. The baby was brought to them in the middle of night at 2 days old. Fortunately they have the means to handle all of this. My son's life was not easy growing up but he made it work. I am very proud of what they have accomplished and where they are going. They hope to adopt this adorable baby in the future but have to deal with beuracracy.

Like I said I am angry and it is spilling over into all the good things that are happening in my life. 



Delene Bradia




No comments:

Post a Comment