Saturday, June 11, 2016

Today's Mostly True Short Story: A Case of Mistaken Identity

F LoBuono
It was a beautiful sunny afternoon, perfect for a sojourner. So, I grabbed my sunglasses and Panama hat and headed out for a stroll into town. As I ambled down Broadway, enjoying the slight breeze and warm sun on my face, I took in all the sights, sounds, and smells around me. Birds were signing, people were milling about, and the sent of blooming flowers permeated the air. All in all, it was delightful.

At one point, I noticed an older black gentlemen approach me from the opposite direction. As is my custom, if I notice someone is looking towards me, I always break into a nice, big smile as a greeting. This day was no exception. As he got closer, I noticed him smile back. Then, he said something:

When I first saw you, I thought that you might be Chic Corea.

Breaking into an even bigger smile, I responded: It's gotta' be the Panama Hat. But, I'll take it.

With both chuckled and continued on our way.


No comments:

Post a Comment