Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Today's MOZEN: Because It's Fun???

F LoBuono
Many of my friends own guns. I own them, too - pistols, rifles, and shotguns. Since my father was in Law Enforcement, I grew up around weapons. I know how to handle them safely and how to use them should it be necessary. I spent many a Saturday afternoon at the Fort Lee Pistol Range or the County facility with my father and other cops as they honed their skills with firearms.

I recall it with great fondness.

So, please spare me the bullshit that I am anti-gun. What I AM against is our obsession with them and our lack of action in doing something about guns getting into the hands of the wrong people.

This, of course, brings us to Orlando and the AR15, the weapon used to perpetrate the massacre. My last post simply described the awesome firepower of this rifle. The fiend who committed the atrocity could not have killed so many if not for his possession and use of that particular weapon. AND, it was obtained legally.

Simple logic would dictate, therefore, that these weapons SHOULD NOT BE SOLD. PERIOD. They are weapons of mass destruction whose sole purpose is to kill - quickly and efficiently. Law abiding citizens who already own the weapon counter this criticism by praising its attributes and saying how much they enjoy shooting it at the range. I actually heard a quote from an AR15 owner bemoaning the fact that crackpots who use the weapon for their own evil purposes are actually ruining it for the rest of them.

REALLY?!

Owners of AR15's are actually arguing to keep that weapon because it's FUN TO SHOOT AT THE RANGE. They ask "why should they be made to suffer for the acts of a few? We are law abiding Americans. We have rights.

REALLY?

Are you fucking kidding me???? I dare an owner of an AR15 to look in the face of someone who lost a love one in that blood path and tell them THE GUN NEEDS TO STAY BECAUSE ITS FUN TO SHOOT AT THE RANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I try my best to eschew vulgarity in my writing. But, sometime, there's just no other way to put things:

FUCK YOU.





No comments:

Post a Comment