Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Today's MOZEN: The Bully

Words and photo by F LoBuono
I get the frustration. I understand the anger. I agree that the way things are done in Washington must change. What I can't accept is Donald Trump as the leader we need to execute the revision.

Beyond his alarming lack of the acumen necessary to execute most of the policies he would implement as President and the shocking lack of accuracy in the great majority of statements that he makes, lies his appallingly poor character. He does not possess ANY of the intangibles I would look for in a leader: intuition, compassion, insight, grace, and patience. These are NOT imaginary qualities but, rather, essential ones, particularly in a person who must make decisions with global impact. He does not even speak well!

There was so much more that I intended to write. But, the more I thought of how to express my thoughts I kept coming back to the same simple theme:

Trump is a BULLY - the consummate one. He rules by bluster and intimidation. He's loud and rude. His latest rant against the press (5/31/2016) at an event that should have been celebratory was simply vitriolic. Well, I don't do well with bullies. I never have. As a kid, I got into a fight a week - not because I was that tough (I lost every fight) but, rather, I refused to be bullied. EVER! I will be damned if I will be now.

If you equate bullying with leadership, then, by all means, vote for Mr. Trump. Or, you can stand up to one and say, NO, THANK YOU.





No comments:

Post a Comment