Monday, July 18, 2016

Today's MOZEN: NOTHING CHANGES


Some of you who follow this blog Know that I've been trying to give a "behind the scenes" look at the American political process. Well, I tried anyway. But, why? Really? No one cares, so why should I? And, I don't necessarily mean it in a sad, personal way (although I do feel that emotion). Nothing ever fucking changes. NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forgive my candor, but while I was sitting on the toilet this morning I started to cry uncontrollably. I just couldn't help it. When I looked down I saw a puddle of tears on the bathroom floor.

Oh, god, I wish I had the power in my words to make it happen,. But, I just CAN'T. I (we) keep saying the same fucking things over and over and NOTHING FUCKING CHANGES. NOTHING!! We continue to insult one another, fear one another, hate one another, KILL one another!!!

WHY????????

And, it looks like it is only getting worse. As an assignment, I'm covering a man that I ABHOR and may still actually become the President of the United States.

I use the term Run silent - Run deep. It was a term used by submarine commanders during WWII to try to save their boats and crews by going so deep, so quietly that the deadly depth charges might miss them. Sometimes it worked. And, sometimes it didn't.

It's time to RUN SILENT - RUN DEEP.

I'm fucking done.

At least for now.

Be well, my friends.


2 comments:

  1. don't know what to say ,come home safe ,there are worse places to be im sure ,its always been this way it just seems to be more way out of hand than ever ,i just had an argument with a guy about similar issues ,i just meant to say hello ,was glad to see him after two months and we wound up in the heated argument about wonder boy DT ,for some reason leaving the store i thought of u ,that's all for now ,we got a bar stool waiting for you back here among the wee people ,be safe ,forgive my spelling here n there

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way. I find myself crying in the middle of the day. What's to become of this world of ours? How will the children survive? Is it the fall of the Roman Empire all over again? History does tend to repeat itself.
    I guess we just need to keep writing, keep vocalizing, keep voting and not give up; but it sure is hard!

    ReplyDelete